- Autodesk (NASDAQ:ADSK) was downgraded to “hold” by Deutsche Bank.
- The price target for ADSK stock was also dropped to $225.
- Expectations for mixed Q1 earnings are partially to blame.
Source: JHVEPhoto / Shutterstock.com
Autodesk (NASDAQ:ADSK) stock is slipping on Monday after getting hit with a downgrade from Deutsche Bank analyst Bhavin Shah.
The bad news for ADSK stock starts with a downgrade from its previous “buy” rating to a new “hold” rating. For the record, analysts’ consensus rating for ADSK shares is “buy.” That’s based on 15 “buy” ratings, three “hold” ratings, as well as a single “sell” rating.
As if that wasn’t bad enough, the downgrade also comes with a lowered price target of $225 per share. That still represents a 17.5% upside over its closing price on Friday. The prior price target for ADSK stock was $275. Currently, analysts’ consensus price target for ADSK shares is sitting at $270.22.
So what’s behind this shift in tone Deutsche Bank has for ADSK stock? It all has to do with discussions between platinum partners. Current expectations are for Autodesk to report a mixed earnings report for the first quarter of 2023, TheFly notes.
To go along with that, a variety of factors are reportedly causing lower estimates for fiscal 2023. According to Shah, these are “changing demand, potentially lower adoption of multi-year contracts, currency and Russia.”
The trading volume for ADSK stock is below its daily average as of this writing. This has just under 1 million shares on the move Monday morning. The company’s daily average trading volume is about 1.9 million shares.
ADSK stock is down 8.3% as of Monday morning.
Investors seeking out more stock market news today are in the right place!
InvestorPlace has all the latest stock news that traders need to know about. That includes all the most recent Roku (NASDAQ:ROKU), Ginkgo Bioworks (NYSE:DNA), and Coinbase (NASDAQ:COIN) stock news. You can find all of that at the following links!
More Monday Stock Market News
- Move Over Tesla, ROKU Stock Is the New No. 1 Holding in Cathie Wood’s ARK Invest
- Cathie Wood Keeps Buying Gingko Bioworks (DNA) Stock
- Coinbase Cofounder Fred Ehrsam Is Buying COIN Stock. Here’s Why.
On the date of publication, William White did not have (either directly or indirectly) any positions in the securities mentioned in this article. The opinions expressed in this article are those of the writer, subject to the InvestorPlace.com Publishing Guidelines.
More From InvestorPlace
- Stock Prodigy Who Found NIO at $2… Says Buy THIS
- It doesn’t matter if you have $500 in savings or $5 million. Do this now.
- Get in Now on Tiny $3 ‘Forever Battery’ Stock
The post ADSK Stock Sinks 8% Following Analyst Downgrade appeared first on InvestorPlace.