- Futu Holdings (NASDAQ:FUTU) stock is gaining on earnings news.
- The company beat out EPS and revenue estimates.
- That’s despite drops from the same time last year.
Source: T. Schneider/Shutterstock
Futu Holdings (NASDAQ:FUTU) stock is gaining on Monday following the release of its unaudited earnings report for the first quarter of 2022.
The good news for FUTU stock starts with its earnings per American Depositary Share of HK$3.88. That’s better than the HK$3.30 per share that Wall Street was expecting for the quarter. Even if it’s a drop from the HK$8.17 reported during the same time last year.
To go along with that, Futu reported a revenue of HK$1.64 billion. That’s another beat next to analysts’ revenue estimate of HK$1.59 billion for the period. However, it’s also a 25.6% decrease year-over-year.
- 7 Oversold Value Stocks to Buy for June
Leaf Hua Li, chairman and CEO of Futu, said this in the earnings report boosting FUTU stock today.
“Client acquisition in Hong Kong accelerated on the back of increasing market consolidation as a number of small-and-medium-sized brokers suffered from muted client engagement. Quarterly paying client retention rate bounced back to over 98% as the negative impact from the headline news on client sentiment is largely behind us.”
FUTU stock is off to a strong stock with decent trading as markets open this morning. This saw some 2.5 million shares on the move as of this writing. That’s quickly heading toward its daily average trading volume of about 6.1 million shares.
FUTU stock is up 17.4% as of Monday morning.
There’s more stock market news for investors to dive into below!
InvestorPlace has all of the latest stock market news traders need to know about! That includes Apple (NASDAQ:AAPL) moving as WWDC 20222 starts, this morning’s pre-market stock movers, as well as the latest Cathie Wood news. You can read all of this news at the following links!
More Monday Stock Market News
- Apple Stock Is in the Spotlight as WWDC 2022 Kicks Off
- Today’s Biggest Pre-Market Stock Movers: 10 Top Gainers and Losers on Monday
- Cathie Wood Keeps Buying COIN Stock as Coinbase Struggles
On the date of publication, William White did not have (either directly or indirectly) any positions in the securities mentioned in this article. The opinions expressed in this article are those of the writer, subject to the InvestorPlace.com Publishing Guidelines.
More From InvestorPlace
- Stock Prodigy Who Found NIO at $2… Says Buy THIS
- It doesn’t matter if you have $500 in savings or $5 million. Do this now.
- Get in Now on Tiny $3 ‘Forever Battery’ Stock
The post FUTU Stock Climbs 17% Following Unaudited Q1 Earnings Report appeared first on InvestorPlace.