- Amazon (AMZN) stock just went through a 20-for-one split.
- This drastically reduced its price to make it easier for more traders to invest in the company.
- Experts are weighing in on if this is a good thing for AMZN shares.
Source: Tada Images / Shutterstock.com
Amazon (NASDAQ:AMZN) underwent a major stock split recently and that has some traders wondering “should I buy shares” after that split.
Let’s go over that split real quick. AMZN went through a 20-for-one stock split in order to reduce the price of its shares. This allows the company to reach a wider range of traders. That includes those that couldn’t afford the stock at its higher price.
To put the 20-for-one stock split in perspective, shares of AMZN are trading for about $126.35 as of Monday afternoon. Prior to the split, the company’s stock was going for a massive $2,447 per share.
Keeping all that in mind, let’s go over if now’s the time for traders to buy shares of AMZN stock.
- 7 Oversold Value Stocks to Buy for June
Should I Buy Amazon Stock After the Split?
- “Investing in tech titans can be a sensible strategy for the long run. So, don’t hesitate to grab a few Amazon shares today — it should be easier now that they’re cheaper.” — David Moadel, InvestorPlace
- “Following a significant capital-investment cycle to support a rapid expansion of e-commerce volumes during the COVID-19 pandemic and to support the rollout of one-day and same-day Prime shipping options, we believe that investment intensity is now downshifting to a more sustainable pace.” — Brian Fitzgerald, Wells Fargo, TheStreet.com
- “Long-term, the stock is still a great investment. And with the share price about to come down to about $110 a share (based on current levels) following the June 6 split, investors would be smart to buy shares on the dip and hold them in their portfolio for the long haul.” — Joel Baglole, InvestorPlace
AMZN stock is up 3.1% as of Monday afternoon.
There’s more recent stock market news that traders will want to know about below!
Lucky for them, we’ve got all the latest stock market stories in one handy place! A few examples include what’s going on with shares of Roku (NASDAQ:ROKU), Enphase Energy (NASDAQ:ENPH), and Mullen Automotive (NASDAQ:MULN) stock today. You can read more on these matters at the following links!
More Monday Stock Market News
- ROKU Stock Gets a Lift From New Spanish Streaming Section Espacio Latino
- Enphase Energy (ENPH) Stock Pops on Increased Demand
- MULN Stock Fans, Mark Your Calendars for June 27
On the date of publication, William White did not have (either directly or indirectly) any positions in the securities mentioned in this article. The opinions expressed in this article are those of the writer, subject to the InvestorPlace.com Publishing Guidelines.
More From InvestorPlace
- Stock Prodigy Who Found NIO at $2… Says Buy THIS
- It doesn’t matter if you have $500 in savings or $5 million. Do this now.
- Get in Now on Tiny $3 ‘Forever Battery’ Stock
The post Should I Buy Amazon Stock After the Split? What 3 Pros Say. appeared first on InvestorPlace.